Expert Advice. Professional
Pharmacists. Caring Neighbors.
The pharmacy team at Globe Drug is committed to helping you with all of your pharmacy needs while providing friendly, hometown service, the safest products, expertise in customized care, and innovative technology to the community and surrounding area. At Globe Drug our pharmacists will take the time to offer confidential consultation to ensure you're taking your medications safely and correctly. Since 1959 we've grown, evolved and now lead the area in pharmaceutical services while continuing to specialize in helping those with complex medication needs.
We help our clients adhere to their medication therapy through:
- Online refills
- Drive up window
- Blister packing medications
- Compounding medications
- Home delivery
- Robotic prescription dispenser
- Private Consultations
- MTM (Medication Therapy Management)
Fast. Convenient. Online. We invite you to use our Online Pharmacy as another tool to meet your healthcare needs. You can:
- View your prescription profile
- View the status of your medications (refillable, expired, etc.)
- Send refill requests directly to pharmacy
- View and print patient education information about your medications
- Receive reminder emails
- Learn the status of requested refills
- Email our pharmacy
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give our pharmacy a call at 218-326-2526.
Drive through services help pharmacies address the special needs of parents with children, handicapped and elderly clients as well as those with busy lifestyles. At our window you can drop off and pick up your prescriptions, or call ahead to have them ready when you arrive. Either way, you will enjoy the convenience of quick, reliable service.
Blister packages are cards in which individual pills are put in small plastic bubbles, and then backed with foil. The advantages of unit-dose blister packs over other methods of pharmaceutical packaging include:
- the assurance of product/packaging integrity (including shelf life) of each individual dose
- the ability to create a compliance or calendar pack by printing the days of the week above each dose. Globe Drug is happy to blister pack your medications at your request.
Compounding is the art and science of preparing individualized medications for patients that are not already manufactured. Globe Drug has the expertise to meet individual patients' needs through customized medication. If you need a compounded medication or have difficulty with your current medication, discuss the situation with your physician or contact one of our pharmacists to determine if a compounded medication is an appropriate solution.
What can be Compounded? Just about any category of medication can be compounded. Here's a list of some of the kinds of products we can prepare:
- Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy
- Topical pain medication
- Preservative-free preparations
- Oral Rinses
- Veterinarian preparations
- Improved tasting oral liquids for children
- Pediatric dosage forms
- Creams and Ointments
Insurance coverage for compounding
We will try to transmit claims for compounded medications we feel will be accepted electronically. For those claims that cannot be transmitted, we will ask you to pay for the medication and file a manual claim with your insurance carrier. Please ask about insurance coverage when you present your prescription.
Globe Drug provides the convenience of local courier home-delivery or via US Mail. If you need to consult our pharmacy staff, please call us at 218.326.2635 or 800-326-2635.
Globe Drug uses the ScriptPro SP 100 Robotic Prescription Dispenser to automate the repetitive, manual dispensing tasks most subject to human error. The SP 100 interfaces with the pharmacy computer system to fill, label, and deliver up to 150 prescriptions per hour. Our pharmacists manage the dispensing process from prescription entry to approval of the finished product.
Automation helps our pharmacists be:
- Eliminate cross-contamination of drugs
- Free to assist and educate clients
Our caring, professional pharmacists offer confidential consultations to ensure you're taking your medications safely and correctly. In a short, one-on-one discussion, our pharmacists educate on:
- how to get the best from your medicines
- problems or side effects you may experience
- what each medication is used for
- drug interactions, dosage, and appropriate storage
We keep a careful watch and communicate with you about your medicine. At Globe Drug, you'll to receive the best care possible.